Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Music Makes L.A. Santos Forget His ADHD



“Yung mommy ko, ginawa ang lahat para pagalingin ako,” said 17-year old singer Lnard Antonio “L.A.” Santos, who formally launched his self-titled debut album under Star Music last Tuesday. It features seven tracks: Miss Terror, Mine, Ikaw Kasi, Bakit ang Pag-ibig, Hanggang Kailan, When I Was Your Man, Forever’s not Enough (duet with his sister Kanisha Santos), One Greatest Love, and Tinamaan. Born underweight and sickly, this young lad was even diagnosed with ADHD by his doctor, but nothing can stop his passion for music.

His training started at the Center for Pop in 2009 and 2010. Star Magic began managing his career in 2014 which is the same year he was the front act for Stylistics Concert. It was last December when he signed a contract for Star Magic. Because of his towering height at 5’11”, it’s no wonder that he was part of his high school alma mater’s sports team as a basketball varsitarian. Aside from having engaged in other sports like taekwondo and soccer, he also knows how to play the guitars and loves computer games, pets, surfing, and watching movies.

One might think that everything was handed to him on a silver plate, but, the journey wasn’t easy. "Nung na-diagnose siya noong four years old siya, mayroon siyang first stage of autism. Ang autism and ADHD ay life-long condition. You can't treat it. You just have to do something na makalimutan ng bata na may ganoon siya," said his mom Florita Santos. 



L.A. detailed his musical journey and was glad that there were so many press people who wanted to support him, including big names like Ricky Lo, Cristy Fermin, Mario Dumaoal, Ethel Ramos, Pilar Mateo and Crispina Belen. This warmth made him feel like he just attended a family gathering. "I'm so happy this happened, I'm glad this press conference feels like it's a birthday celebration rather than an album launch. I even got to record Bruno Mars' When I Was Your Man, the only one permitted to do so in Asia so I'm really thankful! When I was young I always played basketball, but Mr. Gary Cruz my mentor had me singing. I had formal ones like center for pop, star magic, also had the opportunity to do front acts with Stylistics, Patti Austin, the OPM greats where we will have a show on April 29 at Resorts World Manila. Rated K also helped a lot and the message was sent across media and doctors said I don't have a chance to become normal, Mom was there for me and helped me become who I am today. I always do things differently and I don't loke what usual singers do. I can't wait to do mall shows, and be close to the people who would love to hear my music."


As of writing, L.A. is single and if he is going to have a girlfriend, he wants someone with whom he has things in common. He is very close to his mom and even joked that their best bonding moment is when they go shopping together.


One of his upcoming engagements is as a guest artist in Kings and Queens of OPM which will be held on April 29, 8p.m. at the Resorts World Manila. Tickets can be purchased via Ticketworld outlets (891-9999), SM Tickets (470-2222), and Star Media (854-3300).



No comments:

Post a Comment