Sunday, June 23, 2019

WCOPA Finalist Sophia Bianca Celebrates 18th Birthday with the Debut of Her First Single



The 18-year-old morena belter looked just immaculate in her white dress as she belted out her first single, In Love's Eyes, at the Pookaberry Cafe last June 15. Her lawyer parents, who fully supported her singing career from the get go, were beaming with pride as she effortlessly sang with a powerful voice reminiscent of Ariana Grande and Christina Aguilera. The girl, who reportedly sang before she could speak, has the makings of an international sensation.

Back when she performed last 2018 at the finals of the WCOPA senior division of the vocal competition, she was still known as Sophia De Vera. She brought the house down with her version of Jessie J's Momma Knows Best and took home two silver medals and a gold one. Even De La Salle Santiago Zobel, her alma mater, made her a congratulatory banner because she brought honor to the country.




"Actually, when I auditioned for the WCOPA, I didn't even know that it was a competition. My coach just called me and asked me to come to the audition and so I went. And then, after I passed the audition I asked my mom do you have a US Visa. My mom was really shocked," she narrated.

She idolizes Lani Misalucha and considers her song Tunay na Mahal as one of her favorites. Although she is open to the idea of a showbiz career in the future, she has no plans presently.

Her debut single was composed by Grammy awardee Gerard McMann also known as G Tom Mac, whom she met via Miss J, her road manager. She is set to fly back to the US on July 24 and will perform with the New York's Ugly Kitchen.

You can stream the song In Love's Eyes via iTunes and Spotify.



No comments:

Post a Comment